What you need:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion (finely diced)
1 garlic clove (crushed)
1 celery stick (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon tomato puree
150g red lentils
280g sweet potato (peeled and roughly chopped)
1 litre of hot chicken or vegetable stock
250ml Alpro coconut cuisine
Salt and pepper (to taste)
What to do:
1. Add the olive oil to a large saucepan, heat and gently sweat the onion, garlic and celery until soft before adding the cumin, coriander and curry powder and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
2. Stir in the tomato puree, lentils and chopped sweet potato and pour over the hot stock.
3. Simmer over a medium heat for around 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes and lentils are cooked.
4. Add in the Alpro coconut cuisine and kale (keeping 20g to garnish) and cook for a further 2 minutes before blitzing until smooth using a stick blender or liquidiser.
5. In the saucepan heat the remaining olive oil until hot, throw in the kale with a pinch of salt and fry until crispy.
6. Ladle the soup into bowls, top with the crispy fried kale and season to taste.