Makes: 2 large jars
What you need:
600g mixed nuts
300g light soft brown sugar
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Pinch chilli powder (add more if you like them spicy!)
What to do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C and line a large tray with baking paper.
- Mix the sugar and spices together.
- Add the egg whites and salt to a bowl and whisk (by hand or in a mixer) until you have soft peaks.
- Add the mixed nuts and stir to coat in the egg whites. Add the sugar and spices and stir everything together.
- Spread on the tray in a single layer and bake for about 20 minutes or until crisp.
- Leave to cool then break up and store in two large Ball jars.